West Coast Machinery believes in hiring great people who are committed to meeting our customers’ needs day-in and day-out. Our two divisions, ShearForce Equipment excavator attachments and Work Truck West truck equipment, are fast-paced and growing every year. We are continually searching for new talent to join our progressive team in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Langley, BC. Our staff works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and training and professional development opportunities when available.
Check out our video and see why we do what we do to meet our customers’ needs day-in and day-out.
Welder Fabricator Mechanic | Red Seal
The ShearForce and Terrafirma Equipment Welder Fabricator Mechanic completes repairs on hydraulic attachments for excavators, backhoes, and skid steers, and ensures all sold attachments are prepared and ready for the customer’s machine and application.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who is a jack of all trades, a master trouble shooter, and who appreciates working with a supportive and knowledgeable team to come in and make a difference right from the start. We are proud to be able to offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package to our team members.
This position will operate from our shop located at 1317 10th Street in Nisku, with occasional work in the field.
- Primary welder in the ShearForce and Terrafirma shop. This hands-on position includes welding at the shop and in the field when working on customers’ equipment.
- Weld large steel structures using up to 2” thick steel
- Obtain work orders from sales representatives, product support managers, and/or parts and sales assistants.
- Produce luggings and other components required for the sale or rental of excavator attachments.
- Fabricate parts as needed.
- Pre-delivery inspection (PDI) various attachments.
- Liaise with Product Support Manager to ensure required parts are in stock or ordered from factory.
- Excellent customer service in person, on the phone, and in email.
- Pressure Welding Certification, Welder trade Red Seal Certificate, or Grade C Welding certification
- Experience with hydraulic plumbing and attachment setups on off-road machines including excavators, backhoes, and skid steers
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment
- A commitment to customer satisfaction with pride in expedient service
- Ability to work quickly within tight schedules and prioritize tasks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good computer literacy skills
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract. Class 1 with air brakes is an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs safely
- Must have your own tools.
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap. Work hours Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with opportunities for overtime.