West Coast Machinery believes in hiring great people who are committed to meeting our customers’ needs day-in and day-out. Our two divisions, ShearForce Equipment excavator attachments and Work Truck West truck equipment, are fast-paced and growing every year. We are continually searching for new talent to join our progressive team in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Langley, BC. Our staff works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and training and professional development opportunities when available.
Check out our video and see why we do what we do to meet our customers’ needs day-in and day-out.
Sales & Rentals Coordinator | Office Manager | 3+ Years Experience | Airdrie Alberta Branch
ShearForce Equipment and Work Truck West are searching for a new Office Manager to coordinate day-to-day sales, rentals, and service offering and meet our customers’ equipment needs in southern Alberta. Do you have what it takes to crush it for our customers?
Our company is growing quickly into our new shop in Airdrie, Alberta. Focused on sales, rentals, installation, service, maintenance, and repair of hydraulic excavator attachments, ShearForce Equipment offers a specialized product line of hydraulic attachments including hydraulic hammers, compactors, demolition tools, and rental excavator packages in stock and ready to work.
Our work truck equipment division, Work Truck West, focuses on installation, service, maintenance, and repair of truck mounted equipment including hydraulic compressors and engine-driven compressors, hydraulic equipment, and controls, truck-mounted stiff boom and articulating cranes and attachments. Our customers rely on us to keep their machines producing and their projects on track.
As the Sales & Rentals Coordinator and Office Manager, you would be responsible for the supporting the Branch Manager with sales, productivity, and operational functions. A major component of this type of work is ensuring promised equipment is prepared and ready for customer use.
This opportunity may be perfect for you if you can see yourself taking on new challenges in this unique and specialized area of equipment sales and support. As a representative of our team working directly with customers, you will be complementing our outstanding ability to support the products we sell through hydraulic setups, service, maintenance, and repairs, and giving our customers reassurance that we are here to meet their equipment needs and be active supporting partners in their success.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who is a master problem solver and appreciates working with a supportive and knowledgeable team to come in and make a difference right from the start. We are proud to be able to offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package to our team members.
ShearForce Rental & Sales Coordinator Duties:
- Assist branch managers in Airdrie and Nisku with sales paperwork and rental agreements completion
- Follow up on insurance and payments required from customers for equipment rentals
- Manage rental-related billing
- Manage rental inventory and complete equipment depreciation on post-rentals
- Work with the marketing team on rental return equipment marketing
Office Manager & Reception Duties:
- Phone reception – answer and route incoming calls
- Front desk reception – handle all incoming traffic, assist customers as needed
- Order office supplies, coffee, etc.
- Freight quotes
- Arrange courier shipments for Airdrie and Nisku locations as needed
- Assist with invoicing and packaging/shipping parts and service sales as needed
- Health and Safety Duties: work with head office to ensure compliance in Alberta branches
- Proven sales and/or rentals administration experience in B2B sectors (off-road equipment industry experience not required but preferred)
- Post-secondary training in business, administration, professional sales or marketing preferred. High school graduation or equivalent required.
- Excellent customer service and communication in person, on the phone, and in email
- A mature approach to intelligent consultative selling
- A positive and tenacious attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A commitment to customer satisfaction with pride in good workmanship
- Ability to prioritize and work quickly within tight schedules
- Good computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Experience in each of the following is considered an asset:
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Excavators, heavy machinery, and/or excavator attachments
- Mounted work truck equipment including cranes and air compressor systems
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap. Work hours Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with opportunities for overtime.
Shop and Yard Assistant | Entry Level Leading to Trades | Forklift Experience | Langley BC Branch
We are currently searching for a Shop & Yard Assistant who would be responsible for loading and unloading customers, assisting mechanics and technicians in the shop, and for overall organization and cleanliness of our site. This opportunity may be for you if you take pride in ensuring a clean, organized, and safe work environment for yourself and your coworkers. A positive can-do attitude and desire to learn goes a long way when it comes to working collaboratively with our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated junior technician looking to gain relevant experience and skills to growing subtrades including Heavy Equipment Technician, Millwright, and Welding in a fast paced and supportive shop environment. We are proud to be able to offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package to our team members.
- Perform daily pre-use inspection of forklifts and overhead crane.
- Receiving incoming daily parts in a timely fashion and inspect for damage/deficiencies.
- Assist mechanics and welders in the shop when requested
- Assist with movement of equipment to and from sub trades shops and picking up and dropping off parts or components to local suppliers.
- Organization, Daily clean up and safety of the ShearForce yard and warehouse area, as per 6S practices.
- Help identify and implement improvement projects to increase efficiency in all aspects of materials handling and warehouse organization.
- Nightly lockup – Responsible for all end-of-day lock-up of all shop doors, vehicles, propane cage, and waste bin cage and compounds, including securing all trucks and yard. Ensure that the forklift is charged.
- Preparing equipment for sales and rentals
- Cleaning/Inspection/documenting of equipment on rental returns
- Previous experience using 10,000+ lb forklift. Forklift training provided.
- Ability to work safely in a team environment.
- High attention to detail with pride in expedient service.
- Ability to work quickly within tight schedules and prioritize tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Class 5 or 7 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs safely.
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap. Work hours Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with opportunities for overtime.