West Coast Machinery believes in hiring great people who are committed to meeting our customers’ needs day-in and day-out. Our two divisions, ShearForce Equipment excavator attachments and Work Truck West truck equipment, are fast-paced and growing every year. We are continually searching for new talent to join our progressive team in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Langley, BC. Our staff works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and training and professional development opportunities when available.
Check out our video and see why we do what we do to meet our customers’ needs day-in and day-out.
Supply Chain Coordinator | 2+ Years Experience
The Supply Chain Coordinator is the go-to resource for the sales and product support team at the Langley, BC head office of ShearForce Equipment, located in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Aldergrove. The coordinator oversees paperwork for all inventory and logistics coordination activities as well as stock handling, identifying and cataloguing parts and assemblies, and ordering, receiving, inspecting, and sorting whole goods. The Supply Chain Coordinator is also relied upon to assist the branch service team with data entry for repair orders and invoicing.
This opportunity may be perfect for you if you are highly organized, and can see yourself taking on new challenges in this unique and specialized focus area of heavy-duty mechanics. As a representative of our team, you will be complementing our outstanding ability to support the products we sell through hydraulic setups, service, maintenance, and repairs, and giving our customers reassurance that we are here to meet their equipment needs and be active supporting partners in their success.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity for the right candidate who is an organizational mastermind, a clear communicator who appreciates working with a supportive and knowledgeable team to come in and make a difference right from the start. We are proud to be able to offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package to our team members.
- Planning required inventory levels with sales and service team.
- Maintaining inventory min/max and re-order levels so that we have common whole goods and parts available in house.
- Replenish inventory by placing consolidated purchase orders with vendors.
- Vendor management and communication with vendors on new and upcoming orders.
- Ordering products to sell or rent if not already in inventory.
- Ordering mounting brackets, jump lines/couplers, etc.
- Arranging freight and shipping from vendors.
- Receiving new inventory in to business IT system.
- Receiving orders, packaging, and shipping all parts orders in a timely fashion.
- Submit warranty claims to vendors. Complete internal paperwork to remove parts and cost warranty appropriately. Ensure vendors are paying claims.
- Occasionally assist sales team by answering incoming sales calls and preparing quotes.
- Assist sales team in obtaining quotes on freight, mounting brackets, special equipment, etc.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of equipment price lists.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a similar role focusing on inventory control and warehousing in an equipment dealership, equipment rental agency, or related industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, very detail-oriented.
- Lead by example and work professionally in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work quickly within tight schedules and prioritize tasks.
- Professional, hard working, takes pride in their work and role within the team.
- Good computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Class 5 or 7 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs safely.
- Post-secondary training in business, administration, inventory systems, or parts management.
- Previous experience using a large forklift, 10,000 lb capacity minimum. Forklift training provided.
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap. Work hours Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with opportunities for overtime.