West Coast Machinery believes in hiring great people who are committed to meeting our customers’ needs day-in and day-out. Our two divisions, ShearForce Equipment excavator attachments and Work Truck West truck equipment, are fast-paced and growing every year. We are continually searching for new talent to join our progressive team in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in the Gloucester Industrial Park in Langley, BC. Our staff works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, and training and professional development opportunities when available.
Check out our new video and see why we do what we do every day to make first class work trucks at and meet our customers’ needs day-in and day-out.
Heavy Duty Mechanic | Excavator Attachment Specialist | Nisku, AB
Read More Apply Now
Work from our new shop in Nisku, mobile service truck included!
ShearForce and Terrafirma Equipment are on the hunt for our hydraulic attachment expert technician in Alberta! Do you have what it takes to crush it for our customers?
As a Heavy-Duty Mechanic for ShearForce and Terrafirma, you would be responsible for the installation, service, maintenance, and repair of hydraulic excavator attachments including hydraulic hammers, compactors, and demolition tools, and associated equipment such as excavators, backhoes, skid steers, and hydraulic tools. A major component of this type of work includes hydraulic plumbing and installation of auxiliary hydraulic circuits on excavators and other earth moving equipment.
This opportunity may be perfect for you if you can see yourself taking on new challenges in this unique and specialized focus area of heavy-duty mechanics. As a representative of our team working directly with customers, you will be complementing our outstanding ability to support the products we sell through hydraulic setups, service, maintenance, and repairs, and giving our customers reassurance that we are here to meet their equipment needs and be active supporting partners in their success.
ShearForce and Terrafirma have recently joined forces and setup shop in Nisku in September 2019. This is an exciting and rare opportunity for the right candidate who is a master trouble shooter and appreciates working with a supportive and knowledgeable team to come in and make a difference right from the start. We are proud to be able to offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package to our team members.
This position will operate from our new shop located at 1317 10th Street in Nisku, with occasional work in the field. A mechanics service truck will be available for daily use to and from the shop and customer work sites.
- Support the products we sell through hydraulic setups, service, maintenance, and repairs.
- Excellent customer service and communication in person, on the phone, and in email
- Heavy-Duty Mechanics Trade Certification or enrollment in an apprenticeship program.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a heavy-duty mechanic shop
- Experience with hydraulic plumbing and attachment setups considered an asset
- Excellent troubleshooting / problem solving abilities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A commitment to customer satisfaction with pride in good workmanship
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work quickly within tight schedules
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good computer literacy skills
- Ability to travel within Canada and United States
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Experience in each of the following is considered an asset:
- Welding skills
- Hydraulics and diagnostics skills pertaining to excavation equipment and attachments
- 12/24-volt troubleshooting
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap. Work hours Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with opportunities for overtime.
$35 – $45 per hour